||Browse by Product
|Get Support by Product
Testing Accommodations (2)
How to setup and use Don Johnston products for your students' assessment accommodations
Show-Me-How Tutorials and Demos
There were 16 articles found in this category:
Articles, Show-Me-How Tutorials, Demos, and Testing Accommodations
- How to know when to use MSI or EXE for Updates
Simple rule(s): MSI to MSI CD to Update EXE EXE to Update EXE An MSI Installs to multiple computers across a network Lives on an FTP Server Updates previous MSI installations Is a full version of SOLO 6, Co:Writer 6, Read:OutLoud 6, Draft:Builder 6, or Write:OutLoud 6 An EXE ...
- How to check if the .NET Framework and Visual C++ packages are installed on Windows XP
This article review uses the Windows XP SP3 operating system environment. 1. Click Start. 2. Click Settings (if applicable). 3. Click Control Panel. 4. Click Add/Remove Programs. 5. "Please wait while the list is being populated..." will display. 6. Scroll down the list of "Currently installed p ...
- Why do I need a password and how do I use it?
Click the Password.pdf document below in the attachments section to view, "How to use passwords?" Quick Reference - Default Passwords Administrator - admin1 Teacher - school Student - 123456
- Windows Network - How to change the file association for the DJS file type (.djs) to open with the SOLO Launcher
Q: When I double-click a .djs file some other program opens other than Draft:Builder, Read:OutLoud, or Write:OutLoud. How can I change the file association across the network so that I am not manually changing each and every computer? A: Execute the steps in the following (Windows Server 2008 R ...
- Windows XP - How to change the file association for the DJS file type (.djs) to open with the SOLO Launcher
Q. When I double-click a .djs file some other program opens other than Draft:Builder, Read:OutLoud, or Write:OutLoud. How can I change the file association back to what it was when I first installed my product? A. Execute the steps in the following scenario: Click Start. Click My Computer. Cli ...
- Windows 7 - How to change the file association for the DJS file type (.djs) to open with the SOLO Launcher
Q. When I double-click a .djs file some other program opens other than Draft:Builder, Read:OutLoud, or Write:OutLoud. How can I change the file association back to what it was when I first installed my product? A. Execute the steps in the following (Windows 7 scenario): Click Start or Windows ...
- How to set up and use Don Johnston products for your student's assessment accommodations
Testing Accomodations You’re an advocate for Assistive Technology in your school. You’ve seen it increase learning outcomes, productivity and self-confidence. You’ve probably known students who have transitioned out of continual failure into small, more frequent successes. Wha ...
- Help Tech Support Help You - How to take a screen snapshot or run a Belarc Advisor report - Windows only
To help in the troubleshooting of your issue, before contacting the Don Johnston Support Center - Tech Support team, Could you please take a screen snapshot of your system/processor information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of your issue. To get a screen snapshot, h ...
- Acapela Lexicon Editor for Macintosh and Windows
The Acapela Lexicon Editor version 6.0.1 can now be accessed directly through the Pronunciations dialog. To access the Lexicon Editor directly: On the menu bar go to Speech and select Voices. Highlight the voice that you want to modify, Heather or Ryan. Click OK in the Voices dialog. Cli ...
- How do I change Text-to-Speech pronunciation?
Click the attached document link in the Attachments section below.
- How to Create Assignments (712 KB)
See attached document.
- Deleting Subtopics when using a Macintosh computer
On the standard keyboard (found on laptops and newer desktops) there is only one delete key. In order to delete a subtopic, hold down the fn (function) key and press the Delete key. Extended Macintosh keyboards have two Delete keys on the keyboard. Use the Delete key found next to the End key to ...
- How to associate a .DJS file to open with any SOLO 6 standalone product
The following instructions are for a .DJS file in a Microsoft Windows XP SP3 environment. 1. Right-click on the .DJS file. 2. Select Open With 3. Select Choose Program… 4. Click the Browse… button. 5. Navigate to DonJohnston\SOLO\Application\Common\Libraries 6. Click on the SOLO L ...
- How to add more voices to Read:OutLoud 6, Write:OutLoud 6, Draft:Builder 6, and/or SOLO 6
The following scenario uses Spanish voices as an example. For any questions after reviewing this documentation regarding the InfoVox and specific voices, please contact the distributor of Acapela in the United States, Nextup for support here: email@example.com The Acapela voices that ship with ...
- How can I get speech to work on Windows Vista?
In the Start menu, select Control Panel. Open the Sound panel. Right-click Speakers, select Properties and select the Advanced tab. You should see two checkboxes under the Exclusive Mode heading: · Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device · Give exclusive mo ...
- How do I install your products to a Netbook computer that has no CD Drive?
Scenario: I want to install your product to my Netbook computer, but it does not have a CD Drive. Solution Option 1: You just need to copy the contents of the CD to a Computer with a CD Drive, then copy those contents to a USB Thumb Drive. Then copy the contents from the USB Thumb Drive, onto ...